Saturday, January 14, 2006

Back Online!

I'm back (hopefully)! I decided to go with another blogging software and upload it to cox's server. I hope this will work for a long time. Ignore the date of this post. I am going to try to copy an entry that I created on January 4th and then try to catch up from there.

January 4, 2005

It sure has been a while so I think I'm going to try to tell our Christmas story in pictures mostly. When it's been this long since I've blogged I get a bit overwhelmed and don't know where to begin. Forgive me if this is confusing! Let's see, Christmas started out with me being sick the whole time!! I went to the doctor on Dec. 22nd and found out I had bronchitis. Then the next day Gustav got sick and while it was really sad and scary we had some temporary relief from his screeching hyena cry (he lost his voice). THEN, a day after I finished the antibiotic I got the FLU! Yesterday was the first day I really felt pretty good since the beginning. Today I went to aerobics and was kind of able to breathe... Enough about that - on to PICTURES!


This one is in a class of it's own! This was Gus' costume the week before Christmas. Doug was Santa and he and Mike were elves. I even heard they went to a bar dressed like this one night!


A little pre-Christmas fun. This is Gus' new mountain bike and Callie had tons of fun riding 'bi-kl' with daddy!!

She even got to ride on his bicycle!

Some of you probably heard that it took us 2 1/2 hours to open presents on Christmas morning. Having a toddler is so much fun at Christmas! She liked all her presents so much that she had to play with each one after she opened it. I don't think she realized that there were so many and she could play later!

You can see our dilemma. We have opened 2 presents and she is content to sit at her new table with her new baby! No rush Callie!


Ta-Ta thought that it was hysterical (or maybe he's laughing at one of his presents!)



Yes, we even had to TRY ON the presents that were clothes!



At one point, we decided to open a few ourselves and turned our back on Callie for a second, when we finished we found her with one of her presents completely opened and she was acting like she was waiting for US!


Gustav got a big wow-wow from Nonna (she made it for him!)



Callie showing off on of her best presents this Christmas (thank you Nonna and Nonno!) She has been playing with the table and chairs non-stop

I'm sure most of you out there know what Christmas with a toddler is like, but it was a new experience for us. Callie had so much fun and she thinks she scored this Christmas because she thinks all of Gustav's toys are hers too. She has been playing with his presents almost as much as her own. Sometimes she lets Gustav play too.


After Christmas (and the only day I was feeling a little better - thank goodness) "ba-ka" (Grandpa) Hertz came for a visit. Callie LOVED Grandpa and made him hold her the whole time. Unfortunately, right before Grandpa was going to leave, I had to take Callie to the emergency room. She fell on her leg and we thought it might be fractured, but she is fine and only limped for a little while :) She got a baby hospital gown this time that was really cute - I'll have to see if I can get the picture off my phone.

Ok, well I had some pictures of Callie and Grandpa and for some reason I can't get them to load on this post. I will try to put them on the next one.

I have spent so much time dealing with all this I hope it all works out. Check back often to see if I'm not so fed up with this that I actually blog again :) Bye!

No comments: