I am sitting in the passenger seat of our new Honda Odyssey. We are returning from the Atlanta area where we visited Gus family this weekend, and I actually let him drive on the way home. I, of course, drove all the way there on Saturday because I wanted to drive the new minivan and because IÂm a bit of a control freak  or maybe Gus has been in too many accidents since IÂve known him. Either way, the Odyssey is AWESOME. ItÂs like driving a luxury vehicle that seats 8 people. I could go on and on about the neat features of the minivan, but Gus and I wore that one out when we sat in the back seat drinking wine (white of course swouldn'touldnÂt stain if we spilled) the night we bought it and talking about all the neat features.
We had a great time visiting Gus family. Gustav got to see some of his cousins for the first time and Callie got to play with Will, Matthew, and Caitlin a bit. We almost had the whole gang there. Stephen, Jenni (and baby Will), Mary Lauren (and Matthew and Caitlin), Andree and Tim were all there. Callie did great sleeping on a mattress on the floor in a new environment. The first night was a little challenging and she was scared, but the second night she fell asleep without us in the room. She woke up both nights around 1:00 am and I went into the room and slept with her for the rest of the night. Grandma and Aunt Mary Lauren bought her a Strawberry Shortcake blanket and night light so she would have something fun to sleep with and she LOVED them! We brought the blanket home and IÂm going to keep it as our special travel blanket.
Gustav was perfect as usual and slept like a champ at night and charmed everyone during the day. What a sweet baby he is! So far, both kids have been perfect on the trip. I have to go say a prayer that it continues! Enjoy the pictures.
UPDATE: Both kids did great on the trip to Georgia. I am so proud of both of them because I can definitely say it was a long trip! It took us 9 hours on the way there and 8 on the way home, which is funny because we stopped about 4 times on the way home and only twice on the way there. It snowed a lot on the way there and we got stoppaccidentsaccients - oh wait, who am I kidding! Gus drove on the way home and I'm sure the speed limit signs didn't come into consideration! Anyway, we had a really fun time on our first road trip in the 'NEW car' as Callie calls it. I promise I'll post a picture as soon as I get it cleaned. It is so dirty from the trip.
On to other news... I got a JOB! I will be teaching aerobics at the BAC. I actually haven't accepted the position yet, I'm waiting until the rest of the world wakes up to call and accept. The pay was great, plus I get a free membership and the schedule is so flexible. I can work whichever days I choose and only have to let them know on the Thursday before the next week.
Last note (I promise). It has come to my attention (from several people) that my blog was a little slanted (in Callie's favor) for a while. I feel really bad about it, but now that Gustav is doing so much more it should be a little more equal. So Gustav, when you're reading this in 20 years, please know that you are loved so much! You are the best baby and that's probably why I didn't have much to say. I couldn't ask for a more precious child!! By the way ever since we got back from Georgia he has been in the best mood! He is so energetic and happy. I took lots of pictures over the last week so I'm going to try to pick the best and post them. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment