Gustav has a new trick and a new word. You can see his trick in the picture below (I think it's below, but you never know.) It's really cute and he can balance there for a while. I also mentioned in my last post that he can go from laying to sitting. Well, we now call him the groundhog because he will roll around for a while then sit up, look around, then get down and roll somewhere else and pop up again. It's really cute! His new word is 'Ga,' he just says it in one syllable, just like that 'ga'. He is also still the master at crawling backwards. Whenever I put him on the floor, I have to look for all the baby hazards BEHIND him. Oh, and his newest accomplishment (this might be more my accomplishment) is that he is taking formula from a cup twice a day!! At the rate I'm going he should be weaned in 2 1/2 weeks! I've substituted formula in place of his lunch and 3:00 snack nursing times. I took away the 3:00 first and did that for an entire week. This week I took away the 11:00 nursing and he now has formula with his lunch! I found the BEST cup for this. It's called a Nuby and it's spillproof without having one of those annoying plugs that gets lost or falls out all the time. I LOVE it and I'm going to target this morning to pick up a bunch more!
Callie had her two year check up last Tuesday. She is now 50th percentile for height, 30th for weight and they didn't measure her huge noggin this time. She did so great that the doctor kept saying 'this is such a great visit!' over and over. At one point, the doctor gave her a page full of stickers and she put them all over him! She also got a lot of compliments on her speech and motor skills (he obviously didn't watch her walk :) We call her the walking disaster. She constantly walks into things and falls for no apparent reason. Anyway, she let the nurse take her without me (another compliment) to weigh her. While she was out there I hear her down the hall saying "Pie-cake sticker" (ie. strawberry shortcake sticker) so I went out there to tell them what she was saying and all the nurses were hovered around her - what a ham she is! She then had ALL the nurses frantically looking in their sticker stashes for strawberry shortcake stickers.
I guess that's all the news here! I have to get going because I have errands to run!
No comments:
Post a Comment