Those of you that know me well, know that I am TERRIFIED of tornadoes. I have been, pretty much all my life. I have been near tornadoes (not major ones) several times in my life, mostly when I lived in Florida, but also in other cities. This week alone, there have been TWO, count them TWO tornado warnings where we are staying!! Ok, so both were innocent waterspouts with the potential to come on land making them tornadoes, but still. I actually have a picture of a waterspout and one of a funnel cloud that formed in a storm near us this week. On Tuesday, there was a waterspout near the Gandy bridge that came on land and did minimal damage. Then on Wednesday night we actually witnessed the formation of a waterspout right over us that eventually sucked back up into the clouds and got a picture of two more from the same storm. One that actually became a waterspout that touched land. Ok, so not your midwestern nightmare, but for someone who is terrified of tornadoes, I thought I was in Kansas… And to top it off the tornado warning that night was for EXACTLY our spot! Thank goodness for hurricane shutters….
Other than that, life has been good. Gus went fishing with Scott Nolan last night and they caught lots of keepers (can you say fish tacos for dinner tonight?!). The kids and I went to John’s Pass with the Abood-Calabreses yesterday and Callie and Alya got hair wraps. The boys were so good for the HOUR and a HALF that we waited for the hair wraps! Then things went a little downhill for the Hertz clan (hence the picture of the behavior chart). But we recovered today and had a good 4 hours at the pool.
The day before that we FINALLY went to the beach. The kids all had a blast and the weather and waves were perfect. Hardly any waves but enough for the kids to experiment with their boogey boards. Gabe was terrified of the water at first, but by the end he was swimming completely in the water. I didn’t pressure him at all, he just saw all the kids having fun and decided it was time to join. What a brave boy!!
Callie is currently down at the pool with her Daddy and Alexis’s family (at 9pm). They invited her down to swim with Alexis and she danced around the condo until it was time to go down. Her brothers are all asleep and have no idea…
That’s all for now! We are looking forward to the 4th of July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment