Sunday, June 23, 2013

In St. Pete

I think going to St. John Vianney Church on St. Pete Beach last Sunday really made this summer seem real. I can't believe we are spending our third summer in St. Pete. This has been the easiest transition of all mostly because I think we are so familiar with our surroundings it has really become a second home for us. Thank you so much to Nonno and Nonna for making this possible!

We arrived on June 9th and moved into Aunt Shellie's condo. Gus worked from her condo until the 11th and then Nonna and Nonno arrived at their condo for our traditional week down here with us. We had a blast as usual but unfortunately didn't get to do any deep sea fishing or dolphin watching because everything was booked for Father's Day. We got our fair share of swimming, shopping, fishing and EATING though!! And mostly getting to spend time with them.

On Wednesday June 19th we moved into Nonno and Nonna's condo and have been enjoying every minute. Swimming and fishing mostly. Joe and Joey came down on Thursday to go night fishing with Gus and Gustav and they caught another fish dinner (well 2 actually). Then summer really began when Aunt Shellie, Alya and Niko made it here on Sunday. When they arrived and we had them over for dinner, it seemed like last summer was just yesterday.... We also spent a totally fun day having lunch at Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa with Don and Meg (SO sad I forgot to take pictures!!)

And to top it all off, Callie's friend from last summer, Alexis showed up today, complete with a BFF necklace for Callie. They began where they left off last summer. She will be here for  2 weeks with here family.

Things we look forward to:

The BEACH!! I can't believe we haven't been there yet, but that tells you how much fun we've already had.
More dinners, swimming, fishing, etc. with Aunt Shellie, Alya and Niko who haven become out 5th and 6th children.
Dinner at Sea Critters! WHAT! We haven't been there yet!
Dessert at Paradise Sweets on Pass A Grille Beach
Fishing!! Did I say Fishing??!!
I am too tired to think of more...

That's all for now. More later!


No comments: