CALLIE:
Callie is 3 1/2 years old, and has decided that she knows more than her parents. She even tries to tell me where to go when I'm driving and is constantly telling me I'm going the wrong way. What a little imp! She keeps astounding me with her intelligence. A couple posts below, you will see a picture of her name written in chalk. She did this by herself! A few weeks ago I taught her how to spell her name and we've been working on writing some letters, but we have never written her name before. She just sat there on the driveway and spelled "C - A - L - L - I - E" thought about it for a second and started writing! Now, she loves to write her name on things. She also has become quite the artist and loves to draw and color. Both kids have been taking swim lessons at the BAC with "Mr. Brandon" and they love it. (Plus, I don't have to put my bathing suit on!) Callie is in Level 2 and is getting good at swimming on her back. I don't know if I mentioned, but they moved Callie up in gymnastics into a class called Springers I. It's for kids who have talent and will someday be on the gymnastics team. She still loves it, so we'll see if she goes that far! She also has an incredible interest in going to the Zoo! We finally took her and Gustav to the Mill Mountain Zoo here in Roanoke. She liked it, but wanted to see elephants and giraffe's and stuff and well, the Mill Mountain Zoo has a llama, oh and some birds! She now tells me I have to drive to Ohio so we can go to the Columbus Zoo again. I'll leave you with a couple Callie quotes: "I'm dying about going to the zoo" she told the babysitter the other day, and "I can't wait till it's summer and I can wear up sleeves and shorts!" She must still have some of that florida blood in her!
Waiting for Gustav's swim lesson to end so she can start hers.
This is princess Belle. Isn't she beautiful?
At the Mill Mountain Zoo - they don't have a real tiger so they put a plastic one up so the kids can pose on it and pretend.
GUSTAV:
Gustav is almost 2 1/2 and he is still the sweetest boy I know. I constantly get comments about how calm and loving he is - especially for a boy. He is really growing into a sweetheart. He loves everything Callie does and immitates her every move and word. They are really good friends and play well together. Although, Gustav is constantly telling Callie that she's not being nice - I think he just likes saying it! He is also taking swim lessons with Mr. Brandon and he LOVES it! It's been really good for him to have something of his own to do. He's in Level 1 with another little girl and gets lots of attention without Callie taking over. Brandon (the instructor) is really calm and patient and it's exactly what Gustav needs. He recently got his first 'professional' haircut and it is ADORABLE! I finally got Gus to go the the woman who cuts my hair and he took Gustav with him so see what she could to. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures (dad's just don't think of those things!), but Gus said he sat there perfectly still and it shows. She did a fantastic job. He looks like such a little boy! He's growing so fast! He currently likes hot wheels and especially loves when his daddy makes a cool track to race the cars on! Well, I'll leave you with a quote from Gustav: "I love chocolate, it's my best friend."
Little boy haircut!
Side view.
In the pool during his swim lesson.
Learning to swim with Mr. Brandon.
Whew!! Ok, that's enough for today! Next time I'll have to update on the basement. They've finished the framing, plumbing and are working on the electrical. Who is going to be our first guest!? Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment