September 6, 2007 - Happy 2nd Birthday Gustav!
September has been a special month because Gustav turned two! I think I'll take this time to give a developmental and personal update on my sweet boy. I think Gustav's most notable trait up to this point is his incredible vacabulary. He can speak in complete sentences! I'm not joking at all. He not only mimics everything, but he knows how to answer in sentences - and to let me know what he wants (those sentences are usually spoken with the typical 2 year old whine.) He is a loving child and gets jealous when I hold another baby or child. He is extremely careful and does *almost* everything perfectly. If he falls, he gets more mad than hurt! His hand-eye coordination is fascinating. He can put straws in the littlest holes (and toys in the sub-woofer) and is extremely dexterous (is that the right word?) He loves to swim in the pool and play with his choo-choo trains. He also likes to play with barbies and polly pockets. I've heard him in the midst of a fight with Callie yelling "it's MY barbie!!!" How can you blame him when Callie is his closest playmate :) He loves Callie (when she's being nice to him) and they play well together about 50% of the time. The other 50% is spent fighting. How sweet! :) He has remained pretty healthy this year, with just the typical colds (say a prayer.) His 2 year check-up went great and his stats are: Height: 33.3 inches (26th percentile) Weight:24 lbs 3 oz (9th percentile - he finally made the charts!!) Head circumference: 18.9 inches (32nd percentile.) Overall, his head and his height slowed down and he gained a little much needed weight! What a special, adorable little boy he is! Gustav, we love you so much!
Oh, I just remembered two things, when you ask Gustav "What is you're name?" He replies "I'm Gustav" and "How old are you?" he says "I'm 2" - just like that matter of fact. I also heard him singing in his crib the other day "doctor doctor, No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
By for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment