Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Stats on Gustav

His 6 month checkup went well yesterday. He gained 2 pounds and now weighs 15 lbs 9.6 oz (25th percentile) he grew 2 inches and is now 26 inches long (50th percentile) and his head grew to 17 1/4 inches (50th percentile). He is growing well! He's a little skinny thing, but he looks perfect!

The only bad news is that he did have an infection in his other ear. The doctor said it was really bad (like the ear drum might have popped). He sure is a trooper though! We started a new antibiotic called Omnicef. It's still in the penicillin family so if he's actually allergic, he may have another reaction. After talking to the peditrician, I think he's probably not allergic because he would have to have been exposed to it one time before the reaction so that his body could see it again and say "get out of here!" thus, the allergic reaction. Does that make sense? The only ways that could have happened are if I took penicillin when I was pregnant or nursing or if they gave it to him when he was born. None of that happened (as far as I can remember) so we're hoping he's not. The only problem is that it's now on his 'record' and they only way to get it off is to have blood work done to test for allergies. If he does well on the Omnicef then we won't have to worry because it's just as good, if not better than the amoxicillin (just more expensive).

That's it for my update. I have a picture of Callie sleeping in the car (she doesn't do that often). I guess her new bed time is catching up with her because she also took a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday (she usually only naps for an hour or less). I think I forgot to mention that we're letting her stay up until 8 pm so she can have more Daddy time (that's the pic of her eating daddy's food)!

No comments: