Is over, but we sure had an awesome time! It all started about 3 weeks ago when I asked Gus if there was any chance he would take the week of spring break off. His answer at that time was “not a chance.” Then, the end of the week before spring break he announces that he is going to take the week off and we are going to have fun. He did, and we did. Gus even made an excel spreadsheet with our week “itinerary” so we didn’t forget to have fun each day. I however, was not able to take that week off from the gym at the last minute, so I got a little extra exercise that week. I’m not complaining though!
Here are some pics of our spring break mostly in order. The only thing pictures I don’t have are from the day we went to the skating rink!
(I am going to split this into 2 posts because it started getting so long!!) Look for part 2 tomorrow!)
Saturday, March 30th was an active and fun day! We started with making Easter cookies and selling our truck! This presented a little problem, because some of our activities depended on having a truck to haul around bikes and boats. Luckily, the people that bought the truck agreed to let us keep it to use the week of spring break and then they came to pick it up on Monday.
After lunch we went hiking up Read Mountain (the back of the mountain we live on.) Callie and Gustav have hiked up that mountain on several occasions (from the time they were 4 and 5), but this was the first time Gabe (just turned 4 in February) hiked up and down the whole way without being carried at all (about 4 miles!) After that we earned a dinner out with our friends the Mick’s at Nawab. We ate some incredible indian food!!!
Cookie Making
View from the top (Buzzard Rocks)
Gabe is in a thumbs up phase…
Hiking up Read Mountain
Sunday, March 31st (Easter Sunday)
We went to mass and just played inside. It was a rainy and cold day. Perfect for indoor activities.
And walking around with a (play) knife apparently. The 3 of us are digging for gems in a kit Gustav got for Christmas.
Needless to say, we never got that “perfect” Easter picture this year…
Monday, April 1st
It was little chilly that day, but Gus took Gustav and Gabe fishing and Callie, Damien and I did what girls (and babies who are dragged along) do best – shopping! And eating out.
Tuesday, April 2nd
Indoor Rock Climbing!! A new place opened here in Roanoke and we decided to try it out. Callie and Gus thought there was nothing better in life than climbing to the top (I still don’t know how high it was) of a wall over and over again. And racing to see who was faster. Gustav and I also enjoyed it… just at a different level. We climbed to the top, looked down in awe and carefully belayed ourselves down… a few times. Honestly, I was so proud of myself, er… I mean Callie and Gustav. They were awesome! When we got home, I had to run to the gym to teach a class, but when I got back they all surprised me with a bonfire! We love bonfires and marshmallows!
Yep, that’s me at then end!
The Professionals. All 3 at the top!
AND… In other news… Damien was apparently upset that he didn’t get to rock climb, or he was just trying to help his daddy out while mommy was away at the gym… in any case this is what Gus walked in on while I was gone
Hi Daddy! “oh, where ARE my pants?”
Bye for now! Part 2 coming later!
No comments:
Post a Comment