Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Over a Year Later

Wow! I just checked the blog and realized it's been over a year. At least it hasn't been longer and Gabriel has been included a bit.

It's a bit overwhelming to try to figure out where to start, so I'm not going to start by filling in what I messed. I think I'll just start from today and fill in stories as I remember them. I'm standing in my kitchen with my 17 month old (Gabe) hanging on my leg begging for dinner. This child sure can eat! Tonight I'm making kibbi, stuffed grape leaves and baba ghanoush. Jealous? I made the grape leaves a while back and froze them so those were easy. I got about a zillion eggplant from the milkman today (long story) so I had to make the baba ghanoush.

Callie and Gustav are doing well, although they are both grounded at the moment for being horrendous at the mall and grocery store today. It would probably be better for me to write updates about them when I am thinking happier thoughts!

For now, here are some recent pictures:
Their favorite thing to do this summer is catch butterflies! They are really good at it now!


New clothes from Nonna!


Yes, that's Gabe with his "dandelion head!" He's a riot!


"Hey big brother, can you get me something to eat too?"


Some of their cousins and Grandpa came to visit. This is 6 out of 8 (we're missing Gabe and Stephen - they must have been sleeping.) Callie and Sophia have a matching missing front tooth!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

SO SO SO Glad to see the update!!! I can't believe how big the kids are-especially Gabe! I love the picture of him with his hands in his pocket!!!

Can't wait for our kiddos to hang out together (T-giving I hope!). If y'all don't make it then we'll just come crash at your house one weekend ;).