Sorry it's been so long. This summer has been busy, but fun. I have been having way to many get-togethers with my friends :) June was my month to host bunko, I co-hosted a going away party for Doug and Kelly (Gus' boss and my friend), then I co-hosted a baby shower for Michelle at my house! It was all fun, but tiring. Last weekend, we spent a couple nights at Smith Mountain Lake with the Puglise's (Gus' sister and family.) We had lots of fun and it was good to see them, but of course I forgot my camera so I am waiting on pictures from Elizabeth and then I will post them. I'm still teaching bodyStep at the BAC and it's fun.
Callie can now swim short distances BY HERSELF, underwater! I am SO proud of her! She jumps in the water and swims underwater (about 10 feet) to me and pops her head up out of the water! She has always loved the water and swimming. We are also starting to learn letters of the alphabet and have 'lessons.' We plan to keep her out of 3 yr. preschool and teach her at home. She'll go to 4 yr preschool to prepare for kindergarden.
Gustav is practically talking like a pro. It's really funny to listen to him because he pronounces most words perfectly. He even pronounces 'th' and 'L' correctly (like saying Callie's name the right way or Heather.) He mostly repeats stuff a lot, but he is really starting to converse too. He also has made TONS of progress swimming and is very comfortable in the water with his 'water wings' on. He needs almost no help, unless someone does a cannonball right next to him and he swallows water :) He also sits on the side of the pool and 'jumps in' (ie. leans forward until he falls in) and starts kicking his feet.
That's all I have time for because they are almost finished with breakfast! More later, after our vacation to Indian Lake with the Aboods!
No comments:
Post a Comment