Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I know, I know

I know it's been a while! First things first!

Gustav is crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything! He still maintains his 'perfect baby' status, except he is starting to figure out how to get what he wants - and he doesn't always like the answer! :) He still doesn't have any teeth, but I've been able to see them under his gums for almost a month now! That's okay, because he has the CUTEST toothless grin! He doesn't like to have his diaper or his clothes changed because he much rather be doing something else (it wastes precious 'out of playpen' time.) He is such a good playpen baby and sometimes it's for his own good because his older sister likes to plow him down from time to time (accidentally, of course :)) The two of them are really starting to play together a lot! They love eachother, which sometimes causes the over zealous hug that ends in Gustav falling over and banging his head (he doesn't like that much!)

Callie is really talking well, although I don't know if it's because I know what she's talking about when other people don't understand. She is a GREAT big sister and gets complimented all the time. Whenever I bring them to the gym and they go into the nursery, she plays with and looks out for Gustav all the time. Her favorite friends are still Kayla and Chloe and Hannah. She asks to see them on a regular basis (and usually does.)

We've been spending a lot of time at the pool too. After I work out I get my swimsuit on and then lay out and talk with my friend Michelle for a while by the pool and then we go get the kids out of the nursery and take them to the pool. It's great becuase we can bring and eat our lunch there too! Callie is a pro with the water wings and still gets complimented on how well she does in the water because she's not afraid to go under water. Gustav loves the pool too when he's not napping!

Last bit of news is that we've finally finished the flat spot in our yard! Yeah! It's been seeded and hayed and we have grass growing as I speak! I'll take a picture and post it later. Soon, the kids will be able to play outside on flat ground withougt being in the front lawn! Which reminds me of one last story before I go...

The picture below of Callie and Hannah in the pool was taken in our front yard. Andrea and I figured it wasn't that big of a deal to sit out in our front lawn in our bathing suits while the kids played in the pool because we live on a circle and most of the homes aren't occupied yet. Well, that was fine until we got too hot and incorporated 'mommy pool time' so we could sit in the pool without getting splashed. That too was fine until the mailman showed up and we were lounging in the kiddie pool while the kids were standing in the yard begging to get in. We were a bit embarrassed - at least we didn't have a drinks in our hands...

That's all I have time for! I'm hosting a Pampered Chef party on Thursday and the 'gym moms' lunch on Friday! Wish me luck! Only 9 more days until our Florida vacation!

No comments: